NOT CHEAP: Modern Warfare 2 DLC Will Cost $15

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]And what exactly are we debating here, that we should pay a premium for post-release content? They aren't forcing you guys to buy the DLC. Buy it or not, the choice is yours. Stop the whining.Are you going to complain about the cost of a refill at your local eatery as well?[/citation]
the hole point of this is we shouldnt be paying 5$ for remake maps that took 5 minutes to make... give us our dev kits and dedis like we asked for 6 months ago and the game would be alot better...

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
I regret ever buying the game, it was expencive enough to start with....Pay for maps...next they will charge for updates (which i feel maps are) and patches...

Go Ph*#k your selves....(6)

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]flurrball[/nom]I for one refuse to pay $15 for 3 new maps. Insulting that they would even think I would.....[/citation]

Haha, this just reinforces my boycott of this game. Does this price apply to the PC version? because that is what would apply to me. I know all the previous map packs by activision were free for pc, so maybe this doesn't reinforce my boycott haha(as far as I know because I don't play them anymore

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
This was the real purpose behind locking down MW2, removing dedicated servers and the dev kit, not to make the player experience better (It never will Activision, less is never more) it was about screwing everyone over for maps that were always previously free on the PC version

Daylight robbery asking $15 for a map pack, that is more than the cost of most CD albums and movies, for a map pack that would of taken less than a month to put together.

People need to stand up to this, sadly the kids will nag their parents to get it them, and so Activision and other publishers will just continue to over charge for everything

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
[citation][nom]shadow187[/nom]Reminds me of Apple.Take a product, squeeze all the money you can out of it. Then make it somewhat better that requires almost no extra money, and sell it for more.[/citation]

Oh, you mean like Vista and Windows 7... I see, take out features, add useless eye-candy and charge again for the pleasure. How Apple of them.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
now $5 for the set of new DLC I could live with...

Glad I don't have this game yet... oop never will now I guess.

Now onto BC2 ^^

bad_code

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
You console gamers maybe better off going to PC. This would have never happened if it weren't for consoles. Now you have to pay extra for things that are and always were free for the PC. Suckers!

zyzeast

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Thank god for Bad company 2, i have now completely ditched MW2, being able to play with 20 ping is so much better. :) This will be the last CoD game I buy, the bullshit they pulled with this game simply no longer deserve my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.