NOT SOLVED* dell lattitude 3330 laptop bios update stuck on dell logo screen

Groggymorning4me

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting to here. I've noticed everyone on this site is incredibly smart so I'm hoping there's a solution to my problem. I have a 2013 Dell Lattitude 3330 laptop, windows 7 64bit, celeron, I noticed my bios was old it was version A02 so I stupidly updated it to A05 instead of going up each version until I reached A05 I just jumped right to A05. Is there any way I can do a bios recovery. Theres no warranty and dell support is no help. I don't want to have to go buy a new mobo. When I turn it on it just stays on the dell logo splash screen. It loads to around 75% and just sits there. If I push F2 to get into bios it just says entering setup and doesn't do anything. Same happens if I push F12 for boot options. There seems to be nothing I can do....I hope I'm wrong. I know there's someone on here that's a genius and can help me.

iNonEntity

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
It's the small watch-sized battery. It holds the bios memory. Some people say to remove all power input and take it out for like half an hour, but I was taught that the electricity would discharge in around 10 seconds.

Groggymorning4me

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
No I know what the cmos is lol I just am saying I didn't see one. I'm not sure if this laptop has it soldered to thr mobo or if its changeable. Got a layout or pics of a lattitude 3330 before I go taking the whole thing apart for something that might not, be there?

Groggymorning4me

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
I touched the link you posted to look at the manual and it then chose it as best answer and now it says solved. Its NOTTTTT SOLVED as of yet. That manual is for a dell vostro 3300 I have a dell lattitude 3330

Groggymorning4me

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
Ok so I literally took the whole laptop apart, ribbons and all. Minus the screen. Just waiting for the coin battery (cmos) to clear and ill hook it back up. I build desktops I've never done a laptop fully disassembled before and there were noooo youtubeee videos so I hope this works haha.

iNonEntity

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
That's the only way I know of resetting your bios :/ I guess my only suggestion left would be to replace the mobo. They're not very expensive anyway, but I know you don't want to do that lol
Sorry I couldn't help :(