not switching on

Bhuwan Khadka

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
I have android phone of samsung, My phone was automatically shutting down several times, i thought my pocket is hitting power button or my battery is loose. But at evening it totally shutdown automatically and i put into charge in shut down mode once it was charged nearly to 100% but when i removed charger and hit power on button it didnot switch on. I again thought my battery is loosed so i tightened by sandwiching paper but it didnot work. After that it is still not switching on. How to make my phone on? Is my phone battery damaged or my power button is damaged help me??

Solution
Well it could be the things you mentioned or it could be a few others.

First you should check to make sure it is actually charging. Just because you see the battery or it says it is full doesn't mean it really is. A battery that is going can show as full, usually quickly, and then not work anymore. But before trying to get a new battery try the following.

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and still if the phone will start. Start or not, plug it in and see if it charges.

If it turns on, then the next thing is to find out what is causing it to turn off randomly. Usually it is an app. Any apps you have recently installed should be suspect. To tell for sure if it is an app, restart the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it...
Well it could be the things you mentioned or it could be a few others.

First you should check to make sure it is actually charging. Just because you see the battery or it says it is full doesn't mean it really is. A battery that is going can show as full, usually quickly, and then not work anymore. But before trying to get a new battery try the following.

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and still if the phone will start. Start or not, plug it in and see if it charges.

If it turns on, then the next thing is to find out what is causing it to turn off randomly. Usually it is an app. Any apps you have recently installed should be suspect. To tell for sure if it is an app, restart the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it stops turning off. If it does, it is definitely an app.

If it doesn't turn on for you (prior to the "Safe Mode" step) and/or in "Safe Mode" it still turns off on its own, then it is the battery or the phone. You can try replacing the battery and see if the problem is resolved. Batteries do go and much sooner for those who use their phones constantly. If a new battery doesn't help, then there are other steps to take.

The first would be to check if you are still under warranty. If you are, then you should contact your service provider and/or the manufacturer to see if they have a fix for it or if they will repair and/or replace the device.

If it isn't under warranty, and it refuses to turn on then the only option left is to get a new phone. If it turns on, but keeps doing the shut down on its own, then you could try a "Hard Reset" of the device, but before doing so, you should back up ALL personal information and data off the device, as it will be removed/erased with a "Hard Reset".

Solution