Solved! Notebook powers off

Jun 22, 2020
I have a geo notebook and it suddenly cuts power during start up, Sometimes on the windows boot logo sometimes before however starts in safemode and bios setup fine until I plug a USB in then off she goes. I've tried all the windows recovery options and none work even a bootable windows 10 on a USB drive but anytime I plug the USB in the notebook switches off. Its a cheap thing so am not overly worried but I dont want it to beat me so any suggestions welcome?

Solution
Does the power cut out with a particular USB device, or any that's plugged in?

Being you've reinstalled the OS, drivers should be installed.

If you have only one USB drive, then try another type, a wired mouse, keyboard or webcam. This would at least eliminate a short circuit as a possibility. Usually these issues will happen when new or damaged (like dropped). When was it purchased? If recent, you can get an exchange and/or have warranty coverage. However, if purchased in the last 14 to 30 days (most sites), they'll exchange for a new of the same type or if requested, a refund.

If purchased with a major credit card, you'll usually have more protection on purchases.

Let us know, so someone may can advise as to what to do.

Good...

catilley1092

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Does the power cut out with a particular USB device, or any that's plugged in?

Being you've reinstalled the OS, drivers should be installed.

If you have only one USB drive, then try another type, a wired mouse, keyboard or webcam. This would at least eliminate a short circuit as a possibility. Usually these issues will happen when new or damaged (like dropped). When was it purchased? If recent, you can get an exchange and/or have warranty coverage. However, if purchased in the last 14 to 30 days (most sites), they'll exchange for a new of the same type or if requested, a refund.

If purchased with a major credit card, you'll usually have more protection on purchases.

Let us know, so someone may can advise as to what to do.

Good Luck!:)

Cat

Solution