NPD's Report for Feb. 2013: Xbox 360 Tops Hardware Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
We've been playing on the same console hardware for 10 years. You can only do so many game sequels on the same platform. Give us something new.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I completely forgot about the Wii U. I haven't heard of anyone I know that owns one. And many of those same people own an original Wii.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Lol, I love how NPD tries to make it sound like the decrease in hardware sales is because people aren't gaming. It's because everyone alreayd owns a current gen console and is waiting for new hardware. Of course few are going to buy new hardware right now, not with the PS4 and 720 right around the corner. As for the Wii U's sales, well, that is a failing on Nintendo's part. Launching it early with barely any games, 1st party orotherwise, was a big mistake. They honestly would have been better off waiting a year and putting slightly better hardware in it, then people would be less likely to compare it to current gen consoles due to the fact that the hardware isn't much better, 1st party games would have been done in time for launch, and the increased power might have attracted more 3rd party ports.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
In my household, we have a wii and a PS2 (girlfriend)... Even thou the local Sony store sells the ps3 for $180-210 for the slim and entry level super slim, we are waiting for the PS4.

timw03878

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
This has nothing to do with the industry at large, and more to do with the economy as a whole. Most people, even the most ignorant, know that the economy sucks... and those with a little bit of knowledge, know its gonna get a lot worse....

You can only export worthless paper for so long before the chickens come home to roost.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
[citation][nom]timw03878[/nom]This has nothing to do with the industry at large, and more to do with the economy as a whole. Most people, even the most ignorant, know that the economy sucks... and those with a little bit of knowledge, know its gonna get a lot worse....You can only export worthless paper for so long before the chickens come home to roost.[/citation]

disagree, Wii U sales suck cus the console offers nothing for consumers to have interest in
and PS3 / 360 are old and will be replaced by end of the year

watch ps4 and new xbox sell out when they first drop regardless of the current economy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS