NSA Hasn't Cracked Basic Internet Encryption (Yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
The logic for introducing backdoors into security algorithms is about as sound as buying a poodle to protect your house. NSA: "Hey we decided to protect your security by breaking security algorithms you use and spying on you." eh, what a double whammy. Well you know what they say: those who would give up a little essential liberty to gain temporary security deserve neither and lose both.

G

Madison. although Nancy`s comment is astonishing... on wednesday I got themselves a Mini Cooper since getting a cheque for $5290 this-last/month an would you believe $10,000 last-month. this is definitely my favourite job I have ever had.
I started this 9-months ago and immediately got me more than $72.. per hour.
this contact form w­ww.wℴ­rk25.ℂ­ℴm

COLGeek

Cybernaut
One again, that this is even possible should not come as any great surprise.

What math can put together, math can take apart.

Time (and fast computers) along with a thorough understanding of the encryption algorithms themselves can always defeat the standards widely in use.

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Although the NSA has legitimate reasons to intercept internet communications, I suspect that the major use of this technology will be to do industrial espionage. The Americans do not have a very good track record in this area in the past.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
@ pjmelect...

It's reputed that Eddison got most of his patents by owning the telephone lines and exchanges. Too many instances of people who applied for a patent later discovering that Eddison had got there just days or hours before their applications.

crypto_cracker

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
RSA is not as secure as the world and NSA thinks. Over 2 1/2 years ago I solved the issue with RSA keeping me out of something I needed into. RSA has a HUGE flaw at it's code and I am very surprised that the rest of the world has not seen this yet. As another commenter said "Math put it together, and math can take it apart" For any size key pair, I can solve the first half with 1 math operation. The second half I rely on shear computing power and common sense. RSA is not and has not been secure since GPU computing has came about.

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.