NumLock asus ux32vd

marp68

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Hi
I can't find a num lock button. I want to use the Alt+numbers. How can I solve this?
Thanks
Martin

hang-the-9

Titan

Oh, you should have asked that in the first place, you want to put in the special ASCI characters. Yes that will only work with NumLock on or a number pad, but you can also use the "insert symbol" option and note what the special keys are for that in documents. You can get a usb number pad also, they are pretty cheap.

hang-the-9

Titan
There is no NumLock on that keyboard because there is no number pad, nor are there secondary number functions on the letter keys. Alt + the numbers will not do anything unless you are setting up some custom macro, in which case it will work fine.

marp68

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

marp68

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Thanks for the answer. I however have read that other laptops have that solution so you can use Alt + number for special characters. But I couldn't find it on my laptop. But it seems very strange that one shouldn't be able to use Alt + number for special characters on an expensive laptop like this.

hang-the-9

Titan

Oh, you should have asked that in the first place, you want to put in the special ASCI characters. Yes that will only work with NumLock on or a number pad, but you can also use the "insert symbol" option and note what the special keys are for that in documents. You can get a usb number pad also, they are pretty cheap.

ASK THE COMMUNITY