NumLock asus ux32vd

marp68

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Hi
I can't find a num lock button. I want to use the Alt+numbers. How can I solve this?
Thanks
Martin

Solution

Oh, you should have asked that in the first place, you want to put in the special ASCI characters. Yes that will only work with NumLock on or a number pad, but you can also use the "insert symbol" option and note what the special keys are for that in documents. You can get a usb number pad also, they are pretty cheap.

marp68

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

marp68

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Thanks for the answer. I however have read that other laptops have that solution so you can use Alt + number for special characters. But I couldn't find it on my laptop. But it seems very strange that one shouldn't be able to use Alt + number for special characters on an expensive laptop like this.

Oh, you should have asked that in the first place, you want to put in the special ASCI characters. Yes that will only work with NumLock on or a number pad, but you can also use the "insert symbol" option and note what the special keys are for that in documents. You can get a usb number pad also, they are pretty cheap.

Solution