NVIDIA® GeForce™ vs NVIDIA® Quadro™ for laptop workstation rendering and animation

lenadoesntknow

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
I'm still trying to choose between different laptops but I am now trying to decide between the graphics card. I can afford to get one or the other but I have zero knowledge when it comes to which one would work better for rendering and not only gaming.

So the real question here is, which one do you recommend to buy for someone who's more interested in rendering and animation and not gaming? What is the difference between a gtx 4gb and a quadro 2gb?

I'm considering getting a dell from the precision series (M4700 - M6800) or a Zbook 17 if I end up going for the quadro or a Lenovo, Alienware or MSI if I end up getting a gtx.

mkosi35

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
i have same prob....well i had same question but for stationary pc... im workin in blender so i thought quadro would do better, at least all said so.... i bought quadro 4000 and im dissapointed. its gettin hot and loud and does not show any huge or small benifit in speed... if i would have some more money to spent id sure change it for gtx 970 or better.... has lot more cuda cores, and better benchmarks.... that is trade of for double floating point precision and better colours, but do you really need that? if u do, u might consider quadro, but if that isnt that important gtx would make more sence.... and there is price range where quadro is well... expensive....
i hope that helps a bit

scadjacket

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
I'm currently trying to decide between GTX and Quadro myself.
Which one did you go with?