Nvidia Geforce 940m stuttering on laptop

TrialCZ

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I have brand new Asus X556U i have Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia Geforoce 940m. All games I play are micro stuttering. My laptop is not overheating !

Solution

TrialCZ

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

I can play older games with Intel HD Graphics but i can't play newer games on Nvidia card. The Nvidia card is micro stuttering and i don't want to use Intel HD card.

IHolypaladin

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

That is exactly what i said.You need to enable only your "Better" performance GPU to work in your case Nvidia 940m for sure is better than intel.
I don`t know about asus , i have HP and i have in my ATI Radeon settings :"switchable graphics method" and i can switch GPU manually , or let application decide.

So try to find something like that in Nvidia control panel.

TrialCZ

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

I'm using the Nvidia graphics card somehow its getting better but it's still micro stuttering and i don't know what to do :/

IHolypaladin

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

Dude i think that you don`t understand what is micro stuttering or what is causing it.

TrialCZ

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

i think little frame drops

IHolypaladin

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

Yes , you can say that.But it is also explained as small delay between frames that is caused by TEARING of a frame , sometimes you cant even see it sometimes you can.
All in all it is a big visual irregularity , and can be seen only by recording your gameplay and examining the frame by frame.
So i doubt that is stuttering , i think that it is regular frame drops because of low rig specs.
What is your CPU?

Solution