Nvidia GeForce Experience is Failing again.

leygan67

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
So a new Graphics Driver came out like an hour ago (417.22).
I downloaded it through GeForce Experience and did a Express Installation.
It started to install the driver and after a while the error occurred saying that “Installation can't continue“. When you installing Graphics Driver, while the installation process is going, the screen sometimes flashing - Turns black and goes to the normal stage again. This is a normal thing. But the problem is that while it installed the driver an error occurred. After the error the taskbar was not found on the screen only the windows logo key in the low left corner.I restarted the system and it came back. I went into control panel and checked what's the driver version is. It showed that it is the same version 417.22. Device Manager shows the same thing. So what do you think - Should I try to reinstall it manually or not. For now no other errors are being shown and no problems. Maybe it installed successfully but it's just GeForce Experience is showing random errors because it's not the first time I get some errors from GFe. The last driver update which was 417.01 I even couldn't download from GFe It just downloaded all the megabytes to the 100% and the message popped that download failed.

leygan67

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

When, the 417.01 came out I couldn't download it through GFE so I Downloaded it through Nvidia site and installed it manually. But when I did it the screen Gamma/Contrast was super dark, I searched the internet and found that others had same problem. Then I tried to uninstall it and install it again. After deleting the drivers, restarted the system and wanted to start the installation, but the screen flashed and the drivers was installed by itself, the only thing what was strange that before the 417.01, the release was 416.94, which was installed by GFE, but before 416.94 release, there was 416.81 so I checked the Drivers and it was installed 416.81. So If the windows installed the Drivers by itself, why it download the version 416.81 Instead of 416.94? Or even the newest one 417.01?

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014

Well Windows is usually a driver or two behind the newest one, why they do that is probably for stability but I'm not entirely sure.

leygan67

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

Well, yeah it can be. But the thing is that the GFE App is kinda good, it's just that it's failing. This new version of GFE came out recently so maybe Nvidia will fix it, because after that update it started to fail even more than before.

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
It's a hit or miss with NGE. I used it a couple of years ago using there settings and for 1080P/60hz it worked well but once I got into faster refresh rate monitors it kept keeping the FPS around 60 instead of 144hz and has had issues with 21:9 ultrawide settings. The last time I used it was only for ShadowPlay which works well with FB. Have had AMD since October so I haven't seen a newer version of NGE but I could only imagine it would be a little bit better then it was. Although be it if I did use NGE or not every time I updated the drivers I did the custom install and would check the box saying "Perform a clean installation of drivers" or something like that so it would uninstall the previous drivers and then install the newest ones. Doing so "should" help avoid errors or issues.

leygan67

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

So, Express installation just Overwrites the old's Drivers on top with the new one's ? But then again I read somewhere that Custom installation does the same thing, of course if you don't check the box with “Perform a clean install“ Anyway I will try now to uninstall it and reinstall through NGE with a clean install and report here if it's luck or not.

leygan67

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

So yeah, a clean install done the thing, the installation was successful without any errors. Now that I thought about it maybe the errors was because, my %Temp% folder was full of old Nvidia drivers files, that's why maybe the GFE gave me errors.

<Moderator Warning: Watch your language in these forums.>

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014

Possibly.

leygan67

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

By the way, your story is quite impressive and at the same time funny ^^ (Pc part picker). You wrote there that you have your Ryzen 5 2600. Mine is R5 1600 I'm always thinking about the CPU heat, mine staying at idle from 25-35C, but then I turn on the AC : Odyssey on Ultra high after a while it goes up to like 75C but never over 80C. Don't know much about CPU's, but is it normal for the CPU and game like this or it should be lower?

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
Under 80C is fine, haven't played AC: Odyssey but I know those games are quite CPU intensive.

2TIAnll.png

^^^Stock cooler, Destiny 2 for 2 hours.

Dec 3, 2018
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SINCE YESTERDAY AT NIGHT, THE MESSAGE IS: THERE ARE AN ERROR TRY TO RESTART THE PROGRAM, I ALREADY REINSTALLED THE PROGRAM MANY TIMES, THE PROBLEM CONTINUE, HELP ME PLEASE, OR IT COULD BE A PROBLEM OF THE NVIDIA DRIVERS? I DONT KNOW.

promytius

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
I had the same issue, after the install, but I have two monitors, and only M1 was flashing. I shut it off, rebooted with just the secondary monitor on, and the image was stable. Rebooted with both monitors on and the problem still existed.I tried to make changes but you can't with a blinking monitor.
I managed to reinstall the "experience" with a fresh install.

Now there's yet Another update sitting in my bin - do I dare?