Nvidia geforce update killed my laptop. Version 361.73

ChrisBen

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
I bought a laptop recently, used cleaned from inside out. After updating my gpu started uninstalling itself, then there was a black screen. Waited for an hour thinking that it will infact install. I left my laptop on for the night and my gpu is gone. Geforce expierence was still there. Yet again tried to update the driver now it was installing the gpu. Boom shuts off, tried it again shuts off, tried to manually download it off the internet. Shuts off 6-10 minutes later. Tried to do it again same thing.

Gt 640m
Windows 8

ChrisBen

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
Update- Now i can't even start it for 2 minutes. Please don't tell me my motherboard is the problem cuz i will be more pissed off and my money is low for f's sakes

g-unit1111

Distinguished
Whoa back up, and calm down. So if I'm reading this right, did you physically take apart the laptop to clean it? If you did it sounds like something could have been damaged when you took it apart, and it's more than just a software update that's causing the damage.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Sounds like the seller could have broken something, and it didn't take hold until the most recent reboot. I would take it back and make them fix it.

ChrisBen

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
No no no, it's not their problem this happened after updating to the newest geforce ready driver xd. As i wrote before it was working perfectly. The update uninstalled my graphics card aswell. I left it alone now and it was working for more than 10 minutes then it again shutoff. The laptop fastly gets warm it didn't happen before.