nvidia graphics driver

shegzy

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
i'm using compaq cq 81,
processor: pentium r dual core cpu T4400@2.20GHz
installed memory 3GB
system type 32 bit operating system

i have nvidia geforce g103m and i have been trying to update it to the latest version but update shows that i'm using the latest version., with this graphics card i cant play modern games. I have also tried downloading the nvidia 700 and 800 series but wont work with directx11.
i uninstalled g103m then i restarted my pc in a safe mode then i used driver sweeper to clear nvidia g103m. i restarted the pc on a normal mode to install the lates nvidia, after finishing install.. i restared again but still showing the older nvidia g103m instead of the latest 700 or 800 graphics driver
what can i do to get the latest version of nvidia for modern games.

Solution
D
You have an old laptop. The hardware is not capable of playing games no matter what driver you use. All you can do is buy a better computer.
D

Deleted member 217926

You have an old laptop. The hardware is not capable of playing games no matter what driver you use. All you can do is buy a better computer.

Solution

Alpha3031

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
That's because what it's showing is hardware. You can't change your hardware by updating drivers.

The newest driver is version four hundred and something, but no matter what driver you use, you won't be able to use DX11, especially since you probably don't even have Windows Vista SP2 or later.

To get the latest version of nvidia, buy a new laptop, with windows 8 (yes, DirectX is fixed to windows, not the graphics driver)

G

Updating your gt100 GPU with 800's series GPU won't make it any faster, it would actually either slow it down or make it crash to death