Nvidia Hints at Quad-core Smartphones Coming Soon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

so nvidia is going for mobile phones... it has little intrest for g.cards now. good move nvidia.

remyj

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
[citation][nom]balev[/nom]Honestly, quit with the "make it faster", "add more cores" bull$#!*. There is almost NO need to make phones faster. A few games/apps will benefit. That is all. Do what EVERYONE is asking and make something with similar power to today's single core chips that lasts at least 3 days, NOT on standby, but with usage.New and more RAM and better RAM management will probably also help.LISTEN phone companies and hardware companies who provide for phones.[/citation]

And how about spending some time on call quality issues? I keep my land line because I cannot stand talking on a cell phone because of the crappy sound quality. If they make cell phones sound as good as land line phones, I can drop the land line and save a good amount of money each money.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]panders4[/nom]The trick to battery life on a quad-core phone is that only one core will be running most of the time. Only intensive and optimized applications will make use of the four cores anyway.[/citation]
not true...if the os is enabled to use all cores at all times

peevee

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
This is just insane. I want my phone to work everywhere for a month without charge and outlive falls from pockets and table and rain, not play high-def games on a tiny screen.

peevee

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]computernerdforlife[/nom]I hope the guy in the picture loses his cell - enjoy the roller coaster ride, moron.[/citation]

The girl is going to ride with somebody else next time. :)

kunjar

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
Graphene will replace silicon eventually and perhaps diamond in place of copper interconnects on PCB for specific application, satellites, med, govt etc.

kunjar

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
Crap wrong article, my bad...

But battery battery battery, need nano fibre composite battery. These processors suck too much power.

Status
Not open for further replies.