NVIDIA Settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU.

kstinion

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015
Hello there i have an asus laptop with windows 8.1 pro and and Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 740.
My problem initiated certain months ago when i tried to launch World of Warcraft and all i whould get was a flickering between the game and the desktop. I did uninstall and clean reinstall in both cards which didn't work and formatted the pc twice since then.
On the second time i thought the flickering had gone and the issue was resolved.
Recently i noticed that the laptop was being overheated and my fps in wow dropped a lot. I went to Device Manager and both cards appear there enabled,first the Intel then the Nvidia.
I then opened Nvidia control panel and noticed that on the Manage 3D Settings section the preferred graphics processor for Wow were the global settings and in the global settings the preferred option was integrated graphics. When i try to switch i to High Performance Nvidia Proccessor i get the error message that Display driver has stopped working and has successfully recovered and when i try to open wow the initial flickering starts again.When i disabled the intel card i don't have access to the Nvidia control panel getting the message of the title.
This has become way to complicated and i would appreciate any help.Is my Nvidia card faulty?is my entire pc faulty?Pls help :(

these are the details of my pc
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel(R)Core (TM)i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.50GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Intel HD graphics 4000
Nvidia Geforce GT 740m

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello buddy.
First of all try to update your GPU drivers ( nvidia got alot of updates ).
Try to clean your machine ( open and move out all the dust and etc..)
When the machines are overheated... some parts may go off. You must keep your laptop on heavy platform with or without cooling system.
Is there a problem with your power management ? get your GPU to maximum power -> http://nvidia.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/kb2441.jpg
If nothing of above helps, get your machine to service.