Oh My: Apple Bans Foxconn iPhone App

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silentbobdc

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
I love how their policy prohibits donating to charity... guess apple doesn't like the thought of helping anyone other than their bottom line.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
Quote: 'it may be true that there is nothing like a mac air but even so if ay pc comp were to make anything like it or if you go looking for a pc equivalent of a macbook pro that computer good sir would easily be in the range of a 1/4 to a 1/3 cheaper. and you defend the price because apple says its expensive because its quality but thats just them telling you that, so you blindly continue to buy their macbooks and needless yearly iphone updates to keep their wallets bulging'

I didn't mention Macbook pro's, I specifically listed Macbook Air's. I also didn't claim iPhones are good value, I explained that there are cheaper alternatives.

The reason I mentioned the Macbook Air is because it is I believe the best value product in the apple lineup. You simply cannot buy a laptop as thin and as light, with as much screen quality, and power, and as long battery life, for the same or less than a Macbook Air. It just doesn't exist. And for me, that shows that the Air represents good value for money.

'. the reason apples last so long is all anyone can do with them is check facebook and photoshop pedobear into pictures whereas a large chunk of pc get thrashed in comparison. and even if the warranties on apples are overkill thats now a big selling point and just continues to suck in people with to much money and not enough brain cells to see their being ripped off in these bad times, which makes me wonder how much longer they will have all that disposable income.'

I think it's wholly inaccurate to suggest that all anyone does with a mac is to check Facebook, and Photoshop is an extremely demanding application, far more so than games or whatever 'satisfactory uses' you think there are. I run Windows 7 on my mac, I use Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, 5-6 different browsers, database management, Games, Office, you name it, and I use it. I got an ultra thin and ultra light laptop, quad core, SSD, 7 hours of battery life on Windows 7, backlit keyboard, absolutely silent, all for under a grand. You just can't get that from any other laptop. It ALSO has the intangibles that you get from Apple generally, such as the excellent build quality.

I think the general conclusion you should reach from my post is that you shouldn't just assume that just because it's Apple, it's overpriced. Like any manufacturer, they have overpriced and good value products - you have to judge each one on its own merits.

As for warranties, every single computer manufacturer tries to rip you off for warranties.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Yep, anything goes on Android. Except security, of course.[/citation]
Just like Apple with antivirus software?

Sorry, but you left yourself wide open for that one...

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I'm surprised that Apple hasn't banned news articles or apps about historical events. I guess they only care if it's in game form because apparently games can't convey serious messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.