Old computer restored

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zenking9497

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
I posted not too long ago about my laptop and how I could fix it and about the problems I was having and after some great advice that actually led to me fixing the computer, I now have a working laptop that had crashed out and sat for 3 years untouched, as stated the computer works now but I do have some problems after the restore, at random times and mostly when trying to run large programs such as giants editor and installing new tech I get multiple BSOD crashes and always have to end up removing worm viruses and such before it starts working normally, also with several programs I get a GL_ARB_get_program_binary_not supported errors, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about my new problems as I cannot successfully fully remove these errors myself, any help would be appreciated, my most common BSOD SCREEN states KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR the computer has received the stop command from error to protect hardware and so on and so forth

ffg7

Splendid
they don't sell new win7 computers anymore or are very hard to find. the bad sectors on the hard drive is causing the crashes unless the laptop does not meet the game's system requirements. the laptop is fixable if you have the will to fix it. my laptop is an intel dual core that I got from a customer as she bought a new laptop as the old laptop's hard drive died. I put a new hard drive in after I replaced the screen that was bad in bottom right corner. eventually i'll get around to taking the motherboard out to replace 1 of the usb ports as it is broken as in the plastic is missing inside. I installed win 7pro 64bit on it after I upped the ram to 4gigs from 3gigs & still have to get a new battery for it as current 1 does not hold a charge.

Zenking9497

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

The system meets the game requirements and I believe your right that the hard drive is failing cause it crashes every couple minutes now instead of once every couple days, I'll try a new hard drive and up my ram before I just toss it but that will take a little bit of time for me go be able to get

Zenking9497

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

I thought I could run 16gigs, I checked the Toshiba website and they said I could run 16 for my model

Zenking9497

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Can you tell me which one is true cause I don't wanna spend money on 16 if it will only run 8

Zenking9497

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

How do you tell if it's a dual core processor

Zenking9497

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Mine has 2.30 gigahertz

Zenking9497

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

I apologize for my misinformation, I have dyslexia and some times when I try to read it gets all mixed up

Zenking9497

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Okay so a update on what was happening, I digitally unsigned my drive and made a second profile and logged into it and pulled all my stuff from the original profile and then deleted the first and everything linked with the first profile and the pc seems to run a lot better, no crashes yet and hopefully no more, fingers crossed though, the only thing I see that isn't what I'd hope is when I launch the game I play and mod for when I go to load a map to go in game it takes forever to load the map and some of the game textures are missing so some white blocks in the map, I can deal with it though if the pc runs this way without anymore crashes and errors, I have done most of what I tried before and so far everything happens the way it should, without crashing from trying to copy a 4 megabit folder from external USB to the computer drive itself, wish me luck that this is the solution I've been working so hard for, thanks everyone for your help and as soon as I'm financially able to afford it I will be picking up a new HD and another stick of RAM