Old global vr arcade game not booting.. noob needs help

MasterBri

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
I just got this slide it! arcade game and the PC is not booting up.. I was hoping that someone could walk me through some troubleshooting steps on how to fix this. I don't understand the computer speak that this thing is pumping out.
I believe that my problem is within this text: but I don't know what it's telling me!

Solution

The other error messages may result from the bad RAM. Or whatever is causing the "Out of memory" message.
Could be RAM, could be motherboard, could be something else.

Without dedicated test equipment, or known working parts...

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014

Okay, just making sure it's not pirated/illegal. Glad to know it's legal. But to be frank I have no idea else what to do so I guess wait for somebody else to pop their head in here.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Right.
A specialized, almost 20 year old, computer issue.

From your screenshot, it says "Out of Memory". That would point to a RAM issue.
So...what RAM is in there? Does it work? Is it replaceable?

Or, maybe the motherboard is shot where the RAM plugs into.

MasterBri

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
From what I can tell it looks like there are 2 ram chips in there. Both 168 pin sdram with one extra slot empty. I don't know how much ram there is, or how to tell. I thought the same thing when I saw the 'not enough memory thing' but at the same time how could that be? How can I erase some of it or make it smaller somehow? How can I find where to erase it from? If I get another ram chip and throw it in there won't I have to format it or something to tell it to work?

What about all the other error messages?

MasterBri

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
I was fully aware of its non working state when I bought it. I prefer to buy things broken. That's how you learn how to fix things, sometimes you have to enlist the help of experts of various fields.... which is why I'm here, on a PC forum

USAFRet

Illustrious

The other error messages may result from the bad RAM. Or whatever is causing the "Out of memory" message.
Could be RAM, could be motherboard, could be something else.

Without dedicated test equipment, or known working parts to swap in, it is near impossible to tell exactly where the fault is.

Try moving the RAM sticks around. See what happens.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

IF the ram chips are at fault, probably.
But we have not determined that is the actual issue.

Probably is, but we do not know.
Also, you have to source the right ones. 168 pin SDRAM may be different timing, or too large a capacity that the motherboard (or the OS) cannot handle.

You need to try to source the original service manual for the motherboard. See what it can actually take.

TRENDING THREADS