Solved! Old HDMI Switch Damaged 4K Port

Jul 1, 2019
Hello everyone. I'm new here. Normally, I would never post my problems on the Internet as I'm always able to find out the solutions online. But this time, I give up.

Basically, I have the same exact problem as this poster here: Issue with an HDMI splitter : PS4
Note: He edited in the end that it was a Switch, not a splitter.

So in a nutshell, PS4 (Slim) was working fine all along, installed a VERY old hdmi switch (Brand RCA), didn't work, then uninstalled hdmi switch and connected PS4 directly to monitor, like before, but now no signal at all.

I tried everything. Trust me. Nothing works. I've been researching this problem for 4 days. There is nothing I haven't tried (I think).

IMPORTANT: I have ACER DM431K 4K HDR Monitor. 4K60p HDMI port doesn't work, but the 2 other HDMI ports work fine. However, my old PC that doesn't support 4K works fine on the 4K60 port. My newer PCs and my PS4 (tried 2 PS4s) didn't work at all. No signal. Nada.

So basically, I've given up. Before I go ahead and return the monitor, do you guys have any suggestions/thoughts on what went wrong and how to solve this? Returning this would be a nightmare for me, as this was special order from my local store. I waited forever to get this delivered. They would need to send this for RMA and wait for Acer to ship the replacement. That could take 3-6 months based on the time it took for me to get it the first time.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
faundoo Streaming Video & TVs 0
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 4
BQFB Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
Mike Andronico Streaming Video & TVs 1
mtp1032 Streaming Video & TVs 2
DoctorThunder Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 3