Solved! On-board audio sync issues

FlyingTripod

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Hey folks,

Lately I've been having a lot of problems with my on-board 3.1mm audio where it seems to gradually fall behind the video when I'm watching a stream on Youtube or Twitch and the only way to get it back in alignment is to hit the space bar. This works as a bandaid treatment since not long after it'll fall back out of sync. Coincidentally this seems to have become an issue when I picked up my new AOC AG271QG monitor a couple months back.

Things which seem to trigger it:

• 1) If I am watching a video on a secondary monitor while I game on the primary monitor (or vice verse) it'll slowly go out of sync

2) Keyboard input commands seem to make it worse. What I mean by this is if I am doing nothing in my game in spite of being the active monitor in use it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem but once I start mashing keys and engaging mobs that seems to accelerate the issue. This could also include frame rate variances?

Things I have done to troubleshoot:

• 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers (both Realtek 8480 and 8470)
    2) Used the windows assigned drivers
    3) Changed the bitrate (16 bit, 48khz up to 24 bit 192khz)
    4) Assigned exclusive mode to application priority
    5) Ran CCleaner
    6) Ran LatencyMon while streaming/gaming with results shown here
    7) Disabled enhancements
    8) Thinking it may have been a GPU issue I put the streaming monitor on the iGPU but no luck
    9) Tried several different browsers with and without hardware acceleration
    10) Pushed my monitor to perform scaling on the GPU
    11) Reinstalled Windows
    12) Ensured Windows assigned audio drivers are up to date
    13) Used Windows assigned network drivers and are up to date

What's weird is that I can connect my headset through the monitor speaker jacks and everything is fine albeit janky quality and whenever I performed some trouble shooting steps it seemed to work but only temporarily until reverting.

Here is a link to a validated cpu-z report to showcase my system. I know my BIOS is out of date but it worked fine before. I have my main AOC monitor as well as two flanking DELL 1908FP 60hz models.

This is also on Windows 10 1803 build 17134.228

Any help would be massively appreciated. I have a USB Man'o'War headset coming in the mail which should alleviate the issue but I'd still like to figure this out,

Solution
You could also try using PC speakers to see how the quality is and if the issue returns.

It could be an issue with just the on board speakers and if you really care about it that much. You can replace them or just buy an audio card and disable the on board.

I'd also just go ahead and update your Bios. Updates normally includes performance and system fixes. Just because it worked before with the older Bios doesn't mean that you didn't simply just run into the Bios bug that an update would have fixed. That's why they are called bugs.

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
You could also try using PC speakers to see how the quality is and if the issue returns.

It could be an issue with just the on board speakers and if you really care about it that much. You can replace them or just buy an audio card and disable the on board.

I'd also just go ahead and update your Bios. Updates normally includes performance and system fixes. Just because it worked before with the older Bios doesn't mean that you didn't simply just run into the Bios bug that an update would have fixed. That's why they are called bugs.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from FlyingTripod : "Monitor Audio/Video Sync Issues"

FlyingTripod

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009

I'll go ahead and pop in a new BIOS. I've done it before on other boards but every time I do I sort of hold my breath especially hoping it goes off without a hitch.

Is it strange that I can fix it temporarily until I restart the computer? It's almost like I have to keep uninstalling the Windows audio drivers in order to get it to work and, for some reason, there are two High Definition Audio Devices listed in Device Manager.

In any case the Man'o'War USB headset I have ordered should fix the issue but deep down it's going to bug me if I can't fix it.

The above post is when I thought it may have been an issue related to my GPU so suffice to say I feel I attacked this from nearly all sides