On LinkedIn how do I change the order of the Schools listed in the Education section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenPitts

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
On LinkedIn how do I change the order of the Schools listed in the Education section? I can drag and drop complete sections like Education and Summary but in the Education it is showing the schoool where I got the bachelors degree at top and I want to show the graduate degree at the top.

yeskay

Estimable
Jul 12, 2014

Hello AllenPitts,

The Education section can only be dragged as a whole. The information within the Education section is automatically sorted. The sorting of data within the Education section is purely influenced based on the information provided under the "Dates Attended", which accepts "Beginning Year", "Completion Year". So the degree with the latest "Beginning Year", "Completion Year", will be shown on the top, under the Education section.

For example:

School - MIT
Dates Attended - 2012 - 2015 [Graduate Degree]

School - Oxford
Dates Attended - 2010 - 2011 [Bachelor Degree]

Here the MIT is shown on the top, because it has the latest "Beginning Year", "Completion Year" under "Dates Attended".

So check if you've given the wrong dates or left it blank. There is a good possibility that you would've left it blank, as the "Dates Attended" is not a mandatory information that you need to provide, but the School name is.

If its wrong, correct it or if its blank, include the right information under the "Dates Attended" and you'll automatically get your latest completed degree on the top of the Education section.

Cheers!

mynameisnotlyn

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
You can actually rearrange the order of your education.

If you click on 'Edit Profile', go to your Education section, and hover over the degree/certificate that you want to rearrange, a slim grey bar will appear on the left. Click and drag that section to wherever you'd like it to be in the Education section.

lauramay

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

Thank you for this, you got me to perservere in trying to fix it! To add to what you said though, it appears that now, rather than the grey bar, a little uppy-downy arrow appears to the right of the course name when you hover over it. You can click and drag using that little arrow, in the same way that you rearrange sections of your profile overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.