on my acer it says insert boot disk and press any key what do i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlow

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
On my Acer laptop it says on screen insert boot disk and press any key what do I do I do not have boot disk

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
Go into your bios by pressing the Del key on your keyboard when you turn on your computer, go to the boot tab and change the boot order to your hard drive first. Take out your CD and use from your PC and reboot.

Hope this helps.

Nautalis

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
After first going into the BIOS and setting the boot menu to USB HD and plug in the restore stick. Boot up and choose to reset to factory defaults. After about 45 mins you get a screen to remove the USB stick and reboot. Then you get the error that no bootable disk exists. Reboot again and hit DEL to go to bios menu, go to last screen and reset BIOS settings to default. Save and reboot and now it should show loading files... It will now fully finish the restore and you ACER will be back up and running in about another half hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 7
I Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 6
I Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Solved! It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Solved! Insert boot device and press any key
Solved! I was watching Netflix there’s black screen came on my computer said no bootable devise insert boot disk and press any key
Solved! It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Media test failure check cable no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
Stuck on Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in Selected Boot device and press a key BUT SSD ok?
Solved! HP Stream 14" Laptop - No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
Problem: "No Bootable Device - Insert boot disk and press any key" Toshiba Satellite C40D-A
NEC LAPTOP.WHEN i turn on my laptop -first bios comes then -NO bootable device --insert boot disk and press any key.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
What if it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
I have a Packard Bell thar keeps coming up insert boot disk and press any key?
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
Can I still save my HD? "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" error
No bootable device-- please insert boot disk and press any key
Ive tried holding down f8 and powering up on recovery and it still says " no bootable device" insert boot disk and press any k
My laptop tells me to reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media and press a key ,I do it and it repeats the sa
I have a toshiba satellite pro but when i turn it on it says "No bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key. Can some
my toshiba windows 7 satellite A505 is showing a message saying insert boot disk and press any key i do not have a boot disk?

ASK THE COMMUNITY