One Drive does not work right on one device

cwb50

Estimable
May 22, 2014
Anything I find on google has not helped.

I have my One Drive on several devices (Desktop, Laptop, Phone, WebApp). It works perfect on phone, desktop and webapp, but not on my laptop. Anything I change on my laptop successfully saves to my one drive and is available elsewhere, but no changes made anywhere else appear on my Laptop, this includes new documents saved or changes to old documents.

This is a problem cause I will do class work on my desktop while at home and then if I want to look at it or print it on campus I can't, but I can get it on my phone or webapp and e-mail it to myself so no big trauma. I don't understand why one device is not syncing right for this one device, and why is it only in one direction?

Solution
Try looking in the laptop's Event Viewer logs. There may be a log entry error or warning regarding a failed attempt to sync.

The logs present quite a bit of information but they are organized and there is no harm in browsing around in them. You can click/right click on any given entry for more details.

Right click the Windows logo (left lower corner) then select Event Viewer.

Open the various folders: Try > Windows logs > Applications first.

But the applicable errors/warnings could be anywhere depending upon the nature of the problem.

cwb50

Estimable
May 22, 2014

I can't figure out anything that is being messed up. I reinstalled again and everything downloaded right, but it has unsyced again.

Try looking in the laptop's Event Viewer logs. There may be a log entry error or warning regarding a failed attempt to sync.

The logs present quite a bit of information but they are organized and there is no harm in browsing around in them. You can click/right click on any given entry for more details.

Right click the Windows logo (left lower corner) then select Event Viewer.

Open the various folders: Try > Windows logs > Applications first.

But the applicable errors/warnings could be anywhere depending upon the nature of the problem.

Solution