One Million ARM Cores Linked to Simulate Brain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

a-nano-moose

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
[citation][nom]techseven[/nom]She is the one with all the wine in her house[/citation]

I thought that all the wine bottles/boxes in her house were empty.
Also if they try to use their ARM Brain to create a cyborg mule.
Would that make it a smart @$$ ?

zkevwlu

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Still more processing power than the average red neck. Perhaps we can use this to program a typical red neck brain in order to study their cousin humping behavior.

G

@archange

take over the world to do what, baby sit a bunch of overachieving (or underachieving depending on your view) primates. And if the goal is eradication then it's far easier to go into hibernate mode for a few hundred years, far less effort and much more efficient to have us remove ourselves from existence, with the added bonus of never having to develop a time machine and all the paradoxical maladies that come with it

probably same reasons why aliens have never bothered to contact us

but i digress.....

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Ok, now all we gotta do is centralize that down to certain regions doing certains times, and Wi-Fi code it, and you can finally know what a women is "really" thinking.. Well, Hopefully not of the idea of say "real" mind reading, but still.

Knowing some actually probably data interest of some magnitude of any amount of processing is more known then not, right?

G

A lot of people seem to only use 1% of their brain anyway so it could be pretty realistic. If it becomes self-aware it'll probably be a Mormon.

neokaer

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]We will achieve immortality thanks to this one day.[/citation]
Would you really want to live your life knowing that it will never end?

Hopefully this will bring enough of an understanding of the brain to make it possible to have cures/treatments for neurological diseases instead of companies passing mood altering drugs as "control medicines" for depression and the like.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]neokaer[/nom]Would you really want to live your life knowing that it will never end?[/citation] Of course life can end at you will, all you have to do is call Dr Kevorkian and he will take care of the rest.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]zkevwlu[/nom]Still more processing power than the average red neck. Perhaps we can use this to program a typical red neck brain in order to study their cousin humping behavior.[/citation]

Can we also have that in Mexican?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
really? such a waste of money....the British economy is going under, yet they can afford to do this kind of crap...this really boggles my mind...such stupidity

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]guanyu210379[/nom]Can use it to replace bots for online games? I wonder if I can use that for my WoW....[/citation]
get a life...wow is for little girls with pimples on their butts...sad but true

a-nano-moose

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]We will achieve immortality thanks to this one day.[/citation]
My bad, I thought you said immorality. We have already achieved that.

a-nano-moose

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
[citation][nom]g00ey[/nom]Of course life can end at you will, all you have to do is call Dr Kevorkian and he will take care of the rest.[/citation]
It would be a really long distance call. He died June 3 2011.

bit_user

Distinguished
Herald
Jan 20, 2010
130 nm ?!? Intel stopped using that in 2004! For that amount of money, they could have just used x86 cores (AMD Magny Cours or Intel E7 Xeon) or a rack of Nvidia Tesla servers and gotten way more performance.

Just because you're simulating a large # of neurons doesn't mean you actually need a lot of cores. It's the total amount of processing power that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.