One Million ARM Cores Linked to Simulate Brain

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Nothing can simulate my human brand CPU :D Cant overclock very well though and crappy integrated graphics

G

I do wish they plan to turn this into a distributed computing project. I won't mind donating some cpu power. I am currently running folding@home-gpu, so cpu is free up.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]joshyboy82[/nom]So, it's not a human brain, it's one million cores linked together to simulate Amy Winehouse's brain.[/citation]
That would require randomly overclocking and underclocking them to simulate the upper/downer effect.

JerseyFirefighter

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Holy shit... Im gonna go patent the brain and its uses as an external gpu jacked to your gaming platform of choice... Megagigbytes.... Gotta do it before apple patents it. Or worse yet...patents it 10 yrs from now and sues me for stealing their idea after the fact.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]joshyboy82[/nom]So, it's not a human brain, it's one million cores linked together to simulate Amy Winehouse's brain.[/citation]

I wouldn't attribute Amy Winehouse that much brainpower.

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Device Unknown[/nom]But.. can it play Crysis? (had to do it) and who in the hell is Amy Winehouse?[/citation]

She is the one with all the wine in her house :D

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]brickman[/nom]Nothing can simulate my human brand CPU Cant overclock very well though and crappy integrated graphics[/citation]Can't Overclock? Apparently you've never tried Red Bull. Cocaine is kinda like Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking. It's awesome, but it'll kill your chip and costs too much to use forever.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]rotsae[/nom]I do wish they plan to turn this into a distributed computing project. I won't mind donating some cpu power. I am currently running folding@home-gpu, so cpu is free up.[/citation]

Now, there's a thought. And while they're at it, why not use all the smartphone power available worldwide in an ultimate distributed computing effort? After all, they're ARM-based too. And at that rate, I wonder how long before SpiNNaker achieves awareness and tries to take over the world. xD

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Will this mean I could overclock my brain then?

@Device Unknown

My brain allows me to so I would this could only as a player rather than running it lol. Imagine if it could do both =O
Maybe this is another (covert) attempt at larabee for intel after coming to their senses that x86 sucks for Graphics processing lol.

@rotsae

Unfortunately the project wouldn't work if it took the folding@home model. Firstly it uses a different instruction set and secondly it needs many many many small cores for processing highly parallel small quick instructions as a whole. It would just take longer downloading each work unit to spend 0.00001 seconds processing it just to send the data back and recombine all the results. If maybe a VM was used to simulated 1million core machine then maybe it'll work but what would the user system requirements be?

Status
Not open for further replies.