One-Wheeled Concept Looks Like the Disk of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

South Park already invented this. Which means Apple will sue for patent infringement.

G

Is anyone else reminded of the vehicle Mr. Garrison invented. I hope this one has a seat.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
[citation][nom]chainsaw667[/nom]Is anyone else reminded of the vehicle Mr. Garrison invented. I hope this one has a seat.[/citation]
Garrison's car had a seat. It just... wasn't flat.

proletarian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]Garrison's car had a seat. It just... wasn't flat.[/citation]

was it pointy for up-the-bum-ability?

dasper

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I guess I should hold my judgment on new concepts like this. I remember watching infomercials wanting venture capitalists to give them money to put movie kiosks in high traffic areas to rent movies and I remember thinking what a stupid idea, why would someone go to a mall or something to rent movies (because that is where they showed them in the infomercials)? Little did I know it was redbox and they where thinking Fast Food and grocery stores. First judgment is not good on this concept but who knows, a lot can change in just 15 years.

PS: The south park episode people are referring to is "The Entity" from Season 5. I cannot find a good link for reference. Other than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cezVQzFkZ7w

turelpld

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
PS: The south park episode people are referring to is "The Entity" from Season 5. I cannot find a good link for reference.

www.southparkstudios.com

you can watch all of South Park's episodes from the official web site B-)

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Aside from the South Park reference which is already well covered above, these already exist and are as functional as they can be considering that there is no way to stop fast short of throwing an anchor. If you hit the brakes hard you just end up spinning too.

There are really good crash videos for these things out there if you do a search.

Tuguz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
From my experience on motorcycles, its much easier to lose traction, things that would not even cross your mind. This in turn increases the risk significantly compared to four-wheeled vehicles.

This could work with specialized roads or materials? The current roads are too dangerous for such a vehicle.

I'd prefer futuristic floating vehicles rather than reducing the number of wheels we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS