OnePlus 5 Review: A Midrange Masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

os2baba

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
I'm sorry, $500 is not a mid-range phone. It's fairly high end specs and fairly high end price. Just because Samsung, Pixel et al are outrageously priced, it doesn't make the OnePlus a mid range phone. The OnePlus One was. This one - Not so much.

Joaquin A

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
I am happy with the specifications of the OP 5 and even happier to save $300 of the price or other so called flagship phones. I just ordered one.

RobtheRobot

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
I've read that Oneplus have been caught out cheating again with optimised phones being sent for review. Mass production units aren't necessarily up to the same standard. I'd be interested to see a review on a mass produced sample not chosen by Oneplus, to see if this claim is true.

Joaquin A

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

As I understand it, it is not that the review units are optimized and that mass production units are not. It seems that all their phones sense when test software is been run and then optimize themselves​ to give the best result possible. OnePlus is not the only manufacturer doing this. The OnePlus 5 has the fastest prossesor available now, the same one used by Samsung and LG, so the phone runs very fast. I just purchased one.

Status
Not open for further replies.