Solved! Onkyo TX NR525 HDMI Video with analog sound from other source.I would like to listen to a analog source(Turntable) while using HDMI from my PC.

Aug 8, 2020
I have a Onkyo TX NR525. I want to listen to my turntable (Analog) while.feeding a HDMI signal from my computer to my TV. Is it even possible? Has anyone on here ever tried this? Currently I have to unplug HDMI from my PC and plug it directly into my TV when I want to listen to a record.

Solution
I have a Onkyo TX NR525. I want to listen to my turntable (Analog) while.feeding a HDMI signal from my computer to my TV. Is it even possible? Has anyone on here ever tried this? Currently I have to unplug HDMI from my PC and plug it directly into my TV when I want to listen to a record.

You can get a powered set of speakers for the turntable to listen to have it play at the same time as the TV, or you will need to use a mixer between the devices to a single input on the receiver which can get messy with adapters for HDMI and audio.

You can get a powered set of speakers for the turntable to listen to have it play at the same time as the TV, or you will need to use a mixer between the devices to a single input on the receiver which can get messy with adapters for HDMI and audio.

Solution
Dec 4, 2020
I have a TX NR747, so the experience might be different. If I first select the PC input and then select Phono, the HDMI input remains on PC. In other words, I can listen to records and use the PC connected through the tuner.

If this does not work for you, then perhaps is there a firmware update available for your tuner?