Onkyo TX-NR737 Receiver + Wireless Speakers

Travis_27

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi Tomsguide community,

I am looking to get a pair or wireless speakers to connect to my Onkyo TX-NR737 receiver. My idea is to put the speakers outdoors in the patio and have them sync up with the music playing inside. I am wondering if anyone can help me out in doing this as I am unsure which speakers I need to be looking for and how to complete the setup for that matter.

I am willing to spend a bit of money for these speakers if that is the only option. My current receiver has bluetooth and wireless connectivity.

I feel there must be a better way to duplicate the sound outdoors without using speaker wires from the basement to the patio. The distance from the receiver to the outside space is well under 30 feet and will not be obstructed by any significant walls/barriers.

I understand this is my first post but am looking for any help or a few steps in the right direction to help out!

Thanks,
Travis

Solution
Your receiver has zone 2 line level outputs that you can connect to any audio transmitter (bluetooth or other). Zone 2 will give you the option of playing different sources inside and out. You can control zone 2 or 3 with the control app for your receiver.
If your decide that you need more output then you can assign the unused amp channels to zone 2 and power your wired outdoor speakers.
This would give you more volume outside and no placement restrictions as to power cords for ac powered wireless speakers or the playing time and volume limits of battery powered wireless speakers.
Your receiver has zone 2 line level outputs that you can connect to any audio transmitter (bluetooth or other). Zone 2 will give you the option of playing different sources inside and out. You can control zone 2 or 3 with the control app for your receiver.
If your decide that you need more output then you can assign the unused amp channels to zone 2 and power your wired outdoor speakers.
This would give you more volume outside and no placement restrictions as to power cords for ac powered wireless speakers or the playing time and volume limits of battery powered wireless speakers.

Solution