Online Holiday Spending in U.S. is Nearing $25 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
That economy is really hurting us in the US.......people need to learn how to manage and prioritize their spending! You can't bitch about the economy and then have record spending on TOYS for the holidays

Plasmid

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
What depression?

Never mind those 46 millions Americans below the poverty line. Americans spending 25 billions on shiny products is not helpful for the economy, when all this money is being sent over sees. This consumerist economy in the end will hurt us all Americans.

jimmy-bee

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
What holiday are we talking about Tom's? That wouldn't happen to be Christmas shopping, would it, you politically correct hacks.

jimmy-bee

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]That economy is really hurting us in the US.......people need to learn how to manage and prioritize their spending! You can't bitch about the economy and then have record spending on TOYS for the holidays[/citation]
"learn how to manage and prioritize their spending!"
Lets start with the Democrat fascist commie lovers in DC.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]plasmid[/nom]"Americans spending 25 billions on shiny products is not helpful for the economy"[/citation]

According to Obama it is.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
correct me if im wrong, but spending money helps the economy... what the problem?

42 million below poverty line... yea, i had a friend in school who was on food stamps, while i was in middle class home.

he had 2 brand new computers, and a plazma screen when we were still useing crts for our main tvs. excuse me if i cant have any sympathy for them.

there are degrees of poor you know... just because they are labeled poor, doesn't mean they are living badly, if that 42million were starving and on the verge of dieing, yea, sympathy... but i have none for people who were so unimportant where they work that they make minimum wage / got laid off. i expect no sympathy if the same happens to me, and god knows that if i actually starved to death, the world would move on, unaffected.

granted, i also don't think big company should be able to play rullet with money, and fold because they lost a bet. i have nothing against the insanely rich, its their money, but as a company, i have problems on how many of them spend it, and go over seas.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Spending money is good for the market , no doubt about it. But, as the Americans are pretty right about the circle in which it ought to be spent. By buying stuff that ain't produced or made within the same economy, you just end up increasing the states revenue from abroad, without basically helping the employment cycle within your own economy. Thus, the lesson ought to be about spending that same amount of money to build a product by the people and for the people.
But, that's where we all have to give into the Chinese Rep. since none of us can manufacture a product at the rate quantity and financially as they can, we end up buying a cheaper inferior product, like maybe 3 times a year instead of spending a little more and having to buy the same product just once.

Alidan Wrote:
"but i have none for people who were so unimportant where they work that they make minimum wage / got laid off."
It's sad that you think that way..... from a humanitarian point of view.
The reason for those poor souls being laid off is as a matter of fact those rich people, got greedier and got insanely rich, through their companies and their shares....
Ironic, but that's the moto of Capitalism.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]Spending money is good for the market , no doubt about it. But, as the Americans are pretty right about the circle in which it ought to be spent. By buying stuff that ain't produced or made within the same economy, you just end up increasing the states revenue from abroad, without basically helping the employment cycle within your own economy. Thus, the lesson ought to be about spending that same amount of money to build a product by the people and for the people.But, that's where we all have to give into the Chinese Rep. since none of us can manufacture a product at the rate quantity and financially as they can, we end up buying a cheaper inferior product, like maybe 3 times a year instead of spending a little more and having to buy the same product just once.Alidan Wrote:"but i have none for people who were so unimportant where they work that they make minimum wage / got laid off."It's sad that you think that way..... from a humanitarian point of view.The reason for those poor souls being laid off is as a matter of fact those rich people, got greedier and got insanely rich, through their companies and their shares....Ironic, but that's the moto of Capitalism.[/citation]

the reason they got laid off was because they could be laid off. they were not important enough that they couldn't be fired. they could have gone to school and made themselves a true asset that even if they did get laid off people would still be looking at them for a new job position.

like i said, no one outside of family and friends would care if i died, and i treat people the same. loseing your job is FAR less important than someone dieing, at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.