Online Projector VIDEO input WITH AUDIO OUTPUT

Mary Mooney

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Is there an input alternative for a projector that allows you to access the internet and online videos that also would allow you to connect to a sound bar?

Mary Mooney

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

I do not have it connected to anything at this time (sitting in a box :( ). I have used it with my laptop and computer speakers and have also hooked it to the receiver and played DVD's in the past. I would like to install it in my back porch using a ceiling mount, we use a Roku3 for streaming video inside but it runs through the surround sound we have in the walls using the receiver. Because I want to do a ceiling mount using my laptop seems inconvenient unless I can find a way to connect wirelessly. Neither the Roku or the projector seem to have a way to play sound, any ideas?

I'm not overly familiar with the Roku box, but from my understanding, it should give you all the capabilities you're looking for and still connect to a separate audio output, such as a sound bar. If you could tell me what version of Roku box you have, I could probably look at it closer and find a solution, but in general, you should be able to connect the video from your Roku to your projector for video and your Roku to the sound bar for audio.

I guess I don't understand what issues you are experiencing. If you could detail the devices you are attempting to use (projector and soundbar manufacturer and model numbers), as well as the version of Roku box you're using, I feel confident we can come up with some sort of solution for you.

-Wolf sends

Mary Mooney

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

The Roku I have is version 3 aka Roku3 it has an HDMI connection that I could connect to the projector, a plug for a LAN connection if you aren't using wireless internet and a USB port. The projector I have is an Optoma model-HD65(COA). I haven't purchased a sound bar yet, was trying to make sure whatever I got would work. I also have a WII player that I could connect with, but that also seems to be limited for it's audio output and needs to run through the receiver (I think). I wouldn't be opposed to buying a separate device.

Thanks for trying to help, any advice you can give me would be appreciated