Online White House Petitions Now Require 100K Signatures to Receive Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
The can raise the bar all they want, there will always be enough clowns to draw attention with ridiculous petitions, such as the Death Star one.

fnh

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Are there any current petitions with over 100,000 signatures?

(Never mind. Apparently the single one meeting that criteria has over 300,000 signatures. And undoubtedly contentious.)

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Well , he doesnt have to act like he cares but he does , All these retards petitioning stupid issues, when you feed a dog a bone your not supposed to bite the hand.

fimbulvinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
There was plenty of very serious petitions when this first started that you can tell nobody even took the time to consider before they had some intern write off a stock response. This whole thing is a joke.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Actually, some of the responses were well written. But of course they'll sound like canned responses when you ask questions with obvious answers. Seriously, do you really think ANY state is going to get permission from ANY administration to just secede?

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
[citation][nom]drosencraft[/nom]Actually, some of the responses were well written. But of course they'll sound like canned responses when you ask questions with obvious answers. Seriously, do you really think ANY state is going to get permission from ANY administration to just secede?[/citation]

States do not NEED permission to secede. Joining the union was for the State's benefit. It was voluntary. Nothing in the laws says that a state can't secede.

But that didn't stop the tyrant Lincoln from killing tons of Americans in order to stop states anyway, did it?

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]brandonjclark[/nom]States do not NEED permission to secede. Joining the union was for the State's benefit. It was voluntary. Nothing in the laws says that a state can't secede.But that didn't stop the tyrant Lincoln from killing tons of Americans in order to stop states anyway, did it?[/citation]

Has been fought already. States don't have the legal right to secede. Go re-read Constitutional Law.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
They should make it 150,000 signatures. Most people probably don't even read petitions thoroughly anyway, just the bold print. A more satirical point of view, if anyone here has seen the South Park episode "Human Centipad" where it mocks Apple and how most people just click "I Agree" without even reading the agreement, I presume this happens more often than not. Most of the time, these agreements are overly bloated with words. I'm sure if simplicity was in mind when writing these things out, bulleted/numbered lists and so forth, we might see a huge change.

The petition to deport Piers Morgan reached 109,000 signatures, which I think is is asinine. They should deport the Kardashians before they should deport him.

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
[citation][nom]drosencraft[/nom]Has been fought already. States don't have the legal right to secede. Go re-read Constitutional Law.[/citation]

States don't have a right to secede? What is the state other than it's people?

SOUNDS LIKE SLAVERY TO ME.

fimbulvinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
[citation][nom]susyque747[/nom]Typical leftists, change the rules if you don't like the results. impeach the Kenyan traitor.[/citation]

I'm sure you are just trolling, but our current president and his administration are solidly center-right and they blew off plenty of truly leftist petitions like you would expect.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
Don't you peons know? The President can't be bothered with your opinions, he's far too busy dismantling the Constitution and taking away our rights.

You scum need to learn your place.

Every time the bar gets met, Obama's people raise it. Once 100,000 becomes an easily met target, they will raise it to a million, or 10 million. After all, he's the king . . . err . . . I mean the President.

catswold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]brandonjclark[/nom]States do not NEED permission to secede. Joining the union was for the State's benefit. It was voluntary. Nothing in the laws says that a state can't secede.But that didn't stop the tyrant Lincoln from killing tons of Americans in order to stop states anyway, did it?[/citation]
This is not really true, but by continually undermining the Constitution and attempting to circumvent it, it is weakened. Liberals better think seriously about that, because the Constitution is the only legal document that preserves our union. Without that mandate, not only would states be free to secede, but there would be no legal justification for the existence of the federal government.

Obama, by undermining the Constitution, is undermining his own raison d'etre. Without the Constitution, THERE IS NO PRESIDENCY . . . no Congress, no Supreme Court, no federal payroll and no taxation.

. . . come to think of it, YOU GO MR. PRESIDENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.