OnLive To Be Integrated Into Google TV Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
crazy man.. I didn't think of that, they might have something there if they can work out something with the cable companies and the bandwidth caps...

RogueKitsune

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Would be a nice idea if users didn't have to worry about bandwidth caps. I mean Netflix streaming as it is chews through lots of data if used regularly. Add OnLive to the top of that and most households will blast through their caps in no time

G

This makes me more angry then anything, because I see this happening to PC gaming as well. I don't want to stream my games, I want them on my machine so I don't have to worry about bandwidth issues or not having a connection at all at times. I would imagine I would be forced to play on a sub par video quality as well to help with the bandwidth. My biggest gripe is not being able to modify my games. Such as using add-ons and mods. That's not cool in my book. If I ever get forced into a service like this, I'll be done with video games.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]RedYellowBlueBlast[/nom]This makes me more angry then anything, because I see this happening to PC gaming as well. I don't want to stream my games, I want them on my machine so I don't have to worry about bandwidth issues or not having a connection at all at times. I would imagine I would be forced to play on a sub par video quality as well to help with the bandwidth. My biggest gripe is not being able to modify my games. Such as using add-ons and mods. That's not cool in my book. If I ever get forced into a service like this, I'll be done with video games.[/citation]
Calm down my friend. Onlive isn't going to destroy the PC, i know you imagine in 10 years time we'll all be sat streaming games in front of our TV with the love and compassion we have for tinkering with our PC's a fond memory in the distant past. Thats not the case however! If anything, onlive is going to attract a console gamer - they want to sit in the comfort of their living room, they want instant gratification when they turn it on and they don't want to spend 2 hours getting the top performance from a new game. We do however, we want to sit in the cold of our bedrooms and immerse ourselves in some quality gaming on a machine we have control over.

G

"Over 50 game publishers, including virtually every top console publisher, is supporting the OnLive game platform, the company claims."

OnLive can claim this but the reality is far from different. OnLive's catalog is just plain awful and has been for quite some time. Games also are run on the lowest possible settings and DLC is nowhere to be found for the few AAA titles they have managed to put on the service.

Cloud gaming may work but OnLive doesn't look like the horse worth betting on to win this race.

Status
Not open for further replies.