Only TV cable audio on Roku (no audio on Roku)

Apr 15, 2018
I have an old Logitech Z-5500, a Pioneer KRP-500M (monitor only, has no speakers but has internal amplifier and has connections for external speakers), and a Roku Ultra. The Pioneer is connected with the cable box via HDMI 5, and the Roku is connected to the TV with HDMI 6 (there are only 2 HDMI ports on the TV). The Logitech is connected to the cable box via an optical output. The TV cable audio is fine. However, the Roku has only the audio from the TV cable and none of its own. I called Roku customer service and they could not find a solution for me. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Solution
Since the speakers are only connected to the cable box you wouldn't get audio from the Roku.
I would suggest you get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. Connect both the cable box and Roku to its inputs with HDMI.
Connect the selector HDMI out to the TV and the selector optical out to the Logitech.
Apr 15, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from axolotl36 : "NO audio from Roku connected to Pioneer KRP-500M via Logitech Z-5500."

Inquiry:I have an old Logitech Z-5500, a Pioneer KRP-500M (monitor only,
has no speakers but has internal amplifier and has connections for external
speakers), and a Roku Ultra. The Pioneer is connected with the cable box
via HDMI 5, and the Roku is connected to the TV with HDMI 6 (there are only
2 HDMI ports on the TV). The Logitech is connected to the cable box via an
optical output. The TV cable audio is fine. However, the Roku has only the
audio from the TV cable and none of its own. I called Roku customer service
and they could not find a solution for me.

There are 2 audio INPUTS on the back of the TV: one is a R/L and the other is just one input. Would it be better to take the optical output from the Logitech and put in into either the R/L audio inp[ut or the other audio input.

Again, the TV audio is fine, and plays with the TV. When the HDMI is switched to the Roku, then all I hear is the TV audio. There is no audio from the Roku.

Apr 15, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from axolotl36 : "NO audio from Roku connected to Pioneer KRP-500M via Logitech Z-5500"

There are 2 audio INPUTS on the back of the TV: one is a R/L and the other is just one input. Would it be better to take the optical output from the Logitech and put in into either the R/L audio inp[ut or the other audio input.

Again, the TV audio is fine, and plays with the TV. When the HDMI is switched to the Roku, then all I hear is the TV audio. There is no audio from the Roku.

Apr 15, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from axolotl36 : "NO audio from Roku connected to Pioneer KRP-500M via Logitech Z-5500"

Since the speakers are only connected to the cable box you wouldn't get audio from the Roku.
I would suggest you get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. Connect both the cable box and Roku to its inputs with HDMI.
Connect the selector HDMI out to the TV and the selector optical out to the Logitech.

Solution