Only works on AC Power? Battery charges but doesn't work

paasgirard

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
Toshiba R840 The new battery is in ,have tried multiple chargers, the battery says its charged but when i unplug it it goes dead? SO i have to leave it on AC full time and cant move it with out a restart.
I've tried a few adapters and now bought a new battery but still doesn't work?

The new battery, was it after market or OEM? If it was after market, even though it says it is fine for your laptop, it is completely possible it isn't right. Sadly while some things after market are great, laptop batteries aren't one of them.

Also, it could be the connection. If the battery is just slightly off in size, or not touching the connectors right, or the connection is damaged somehow, that would keep it from running on the battery as well.

paasgirard

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
everything from a hardware issue has been triple checked with new or working equipment from an exact same laptop. so unless something broke on the inside of the laptop, something i don't think happened then I'm left puzzled? my adapters and batteries work in the other laptop so I'm ruling them out as a problem. I've cleaned the contacts as well.

Hmm.. and the battery must fit correctly if it is charging. Are there any loose connections inside, or any burnt out components you can see? The only thing left I can think of is a problem with the motherboard.

That said, if anyone else on the board has another suggestion I am all ears (eyes).