Open batch file when a specific program starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoctisLionward

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
I'm a person who generally likes using speakers for most things, so I sometimes forget that I need to use headphones for certain games, I'll use Rainbow Six Siege in this case. So I have a batch file set to bring up a popup window that I want to have open whenever I start a game such as this one to remind me to use headphones. If it's at all possible, I want to use task scheduler rather than install more software that I probably won't have any other use for.

Solution
Should be doable open Task Scheduler and on the right side of the window is "Create Task..."

You can probably look at any existing scheduled tasks to see how they are structured and configured.

Then create your own.

The "trigger" would be the launch of Rainbow six and the "action" would be to open some window or icon with the headphone reminder.

And if you are already using batch files then take a look at PowerShell.

Should be straightforward to create a PowerShell script that first launches/opens Rainbow Six and then displays the headphone reminder.

Script would be run via a desktop shortcut icon.

First focus 1.) on getting Rainbow Six to run and then 2.) focus on the reminder. Might even play some sound versus a displayed...
There is opensoftware audio router, but you need motherboard compability for that, for mine it shows front and rear output headphones/speakers https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router
You need speakers at back connected headphones at front jack in playback devices should be also showing Speakers and headphones if you connect them front and back.
Or going DIY if your speaker has connection for headphones and making simple switch or buying it
like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Switch-Board-3-5MM-Audio-Input-A-B-Two-Group-Switch-Select-Input-Output/142652242063?hash=item2136bc788f:g:STMAAOSwWWpZyPZ7

Should be doable open Task Scheduler and on the right side of the window is "Create Task..."

You can probably look at any existing scheduled tasks to see how they are structured and configured.

Then create your own.

The "trigger" would be the launch of Rainbow six and the "action" would be to open some window or icon with the headphone reminder.

And if you are already using batch files then take a look at PowerShell.

Should be straightforward to create a PowerShell script that first launches/opens Rainbow Six and then displays the headphone reminder.

Script would be run via a desktop shortcut icon.

First focus 1.) on getting Rainbow Six to run and then 2.) focus on the reminder. Might even play some sound versus a displayed message of some sort.

Likely very doable and you have options.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.