Opinions on budget ASUS laptop?

AdamantMC

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
For a budget of around £500, what is everyone's opinion on this laptop, as you know far more than me!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015OG3MMW/ref=s9_simh_gw_g147_i1_r?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=KS7ADY3BAYDHX59YV8BT&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=867551827&pf_rd_i=desktop

I am looking for one that has good performance for web browsing, video streaming/entertainment, word processing, and the occasional online game, but nothing too major.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Solution
I personally use a budget Laptop AMD A10-7300 it cost me about £450. First thing I did was buy an SSD which probably took my spend up to £500. It can do light gaming i.e. stuff like XCOM, Left4Dead, CS:GO pretty well and thanks to the SSD it boots and runs pretty fast when I need it.

One thing I quite often do is link it up via remote play to my desktop. I've played a whole range of games perfectly well at 50-60fps on my cheap laptop that way. Including, The Division, GTA V, XCOM 2 and Planetside 2. Streaming isn't quite the same as playing on the desktop PC but it isn't bad running games far better than a lot of the lower end 'gaming' laptops could hope to achieve that way.

matthewkeogh50

Estimable
May 23, 2015
Hi,

(assuming it does not have to be ASUS) I think you are over paying for what you want http://www.ebuyer.com/699629-hp-pavillion-15-p264na-laptop-l0e38ea-abu

This will be MORE than enough, I my self use a HP Stream for stuff like this, Its good for all the above I can put it in my bag as it's really light, it has around a 9 hrs battery and it cost me £179

Hope that helped somewhat,
Matt.

EDIT: When you say online game I am assuming something like FB games, if you mean stuff like WOW etc, then don't get the stream the first link will be enough though (the ebuyer one)

AdamantMC

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Thanks for the reply!

The laptop looks good it's just is the processor as good as an i5? I care about performance and it needs to be fast! The graphics card looks good though, I'm assuming it's better than integrated!

Dustybin

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
I personally use a budget Laptop AMD A10-7300 it cost me about £450. First thing I did was buy an SSD which probably took my spend up to £500. It can do light gaming i.e. stuff like XCOM, Left4Dead, CS:GO pretty well and thanks to the SSD it boots and runs pretty fast when I need it.

One thing I quite often do is link it up via remote play to my desktop. I've played a whole range of games perfectly well at 50-60fps on my cheap laptop that way. Including, The Division, GTA V, XCOM 2 and Planetside 2. Streaming isn't quite the same as playing on the desktop PC but it isn't bad running games far better than a lot of the lower end 'gaming' laptops could hope to achieve that way.

Solution