optical audio failure

mgjames

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
Hoping for help!
I have J-Tech Digital ® HDMI 1.4 Switch Switcher Box Selector 3 In 1 Out HDMI Audio Extractor Splitter with Optical SPDIF & RCA L/R Audio Out
Trying to run - because of installed configuration with TV - optical audio from the switcher to optical input on Bose 3-2-1 (this works perfectly going direct from Apple TV 3rd generation or larger Amazon Fire TV) - it does not work - silence! I've also tried, instead, using the 3.5mm audio outlet to an RCA input on the Boxe. Same result. I figure I must be screwing up, but I have tried every possible configuration. Weird. Any help much appreciated.

You can try playing with the EDID settings on the switcher. Description below may be helpful
Three EDID settings:
· 2CH PCM stereo audio can be converted to 2CH analog stereo and output through RCA L/R and SPDIF at the same time.
· Set EDID to "5.1CH" for Dolby Digital / DTS to output audio via SPDIF out; The RCA L/R output will not have sound if incoming audio is multi-channel audio . SPDIF does NOT support Dolby Digital Plus. For these, do not set the audio output as 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus in your devices.
· The HDMI output has identical video and audio signals as the HDMI input. HDMI supports all audio formats including Dolby Digital Plus, 5.1CH/7.1CH PCM and HD Audio (including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio). For these audio formats, set EDID to "Advanced", and connect output to AV receiver directly.