Optimal gaming performance on my AMD laptop.

Alex411

Estimable
Aug 24, 2015
So i have an AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.90GHz, 6GBs of memory and 64bit Windows 10. I got my laptop 2 years ago for Christmas and i played minecraft and stuff on it but now it seems like it can't keep up anymore playing games like Dayz, H1Z1, CSGO, etc. So i was wondering if there was anyway i could do some kind of upgrade to it physical or software wise. Thanks ahead of time :).

PS. Sorry for making this post lengthy, it's my first!

sizzling

Distinguished
Apart from making sure it is dust free so it does not overheat and throttle itself there is not a lot. With a laptop about all you can do is add RAM and I doubt that will help. Unfortunately it was never really designed for gaming

Ok Go

Estimable
May 23, 2015
unfortunately no. atleast nothing you can do to make a significant impact. the only thing you could upgrade that will increase the overall performance is using an ssd and even that only make your loading faster, not higher fps per se.
the most you could do is tweaking your game setting to sacrifice the eyecandy to attain playable fps.
let's face it computer gaming is pricey to keep up with.

Try cleaning it of dust. This is the normal cause for most laptops. You could also re apply the thermal paste. Also beware that the laptop components do become weaker as time goes by. For this there is nothing you can do apart from buying a new laptop.