OS will not load completely

gilmorelee

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite a505-s6009, intel i330m proccessor. It has a new MB, new VGA board,and proccessor. When I try to load XP, it starts the process, goes to the intitial window boot screen where it tells you how much time till complete. Problem is, it stops at the same point (35 min left) and then the computer shuts off, boots back up, and starts the cycle all over again. I have tried using different disc, did not work. All 3 did the same thing. I even tried installing window 7. It also does the same thing. Can some one help me out here. I do not know what else to do. Oh, I also tried booting from a usb drive. does the same thing. please help.

gilmorelee

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011

I replaced the motherboard, not a warranty issue. The blue screen of death came up recently and said" there has been an uncorrectable hardware issue." But what could it be? everything in this laptop is New. The Proccessor, MB,and VGA. I ran a memory test using mem86. It said memory was good. I ran it on the same laptop I'm having issues with. any idea. And thanks for responding. I'm in Afghanistan so I do not have the luxury of a repair shop. Every suggestion is helpful.

At this point, I probably wouldn't fuss with any of it. I'd get in touch with the company that you bought all of the parts from to see if you could possibly return the items for new ones. Explain your situation and they'll probably give you new hardware.

gilmorelee

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
As I said, I'm in Afghanistan. I will be here for quite some time. no way to ship anything. I will continue to research and hopefully come up with a viable solution to my problem. Someone out there knows the answer, or at least can give me a shot in the dark, educated guess. If you had to guess, what would suggest. Giving up is not an option.