Solved! OTG USB device not mountable?

Feb 10, 2019
We are a community of tech savies that have limited access to internet, and all of us have "SANDISK Clip Sport" MP3 players. We are loading custom music on our devices via OTG.

Android version: 6.0.1
Phone model: SM-S550TL

OTG Checker = all verified

USB storage doesn't list under Settings - Storage

USB storage isn't listed in " My Files"

USB storage isn't listed in " ES File Manager" nor " Xim"

ONLY able to copy files using " OTG Disk Explorer Pro" which lacks capabilities of copying to USB from SD card and cannot delete or modify files from USB storage.

Also, "OTG Disk Explorer Pro" frequently gives a file system error and can't access several of our USB storage devices, giving error "Drive cannot be opened. Please check if the file system of USB is FAT32 or NTFS!!"

Unfortunately, rooting the Android phone I'm using is NOT an option.

I'm sure with enough research I'd find the answer, but with the very limited amount of direct internet access, I'm asking my community to assist.

Solution
If you have computers, then you can put the files onto the phone without all the extra problems.

Just connect the player to the computer via USB cord and copy all the files to an empty folder on the computer. Then disconnect the player and connect the phone to the computer, again via USB cord. Then copy the files to where ever you want. Either the phone's "Internal" storage, or the SD card (if installed).

Going through all the other stuff just isn't worth the hassle and usually doesn't work well anyway.

BTW, no internet is needed for the above.
If you have computers, then you can put the files onto the phone without all the extra problems.

Just connect the player to the computer via USB cord and copy all the files to an empty folder on the computer. Then disconnect the player and connect the phone to the computer, again via USB cord. Then copy the files to where ever you want. Either the phone's "Internal" storage, or the SD card (if installed).

Going through all the other stuff just isn't worth the hassle and usually doesn't work well anyway.

BTW, no internet is needed for the above.

Solution