Ouch: News Corp Lost Over $200M on MySpace Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdfsmail

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Myspace is still around !?
O, I guess I should try to visit my profile... nah nevermind, I need to check my facebook account.

I would not have given this a thought... Goodbye Myspace...

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]pdfsmail[/nom]Myspace is still around !?O, I guess I should try to visit my profile... nah nevermind, I need to check my facebook account.I would not have given this a thought... Goodbye Myspace...[/citation]

No worries...Facebook will get old and die like many fads have done over the decades. The threshold begins at the point where everybody stops giving a crap about what everyone else is doing. (which has the potential to never end, but still).

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
The only way for MySpace to succeed is to change their name from MySpace to ANYTHING ELSE...

MySpace has too much negative branding and has since lost the web traffic of the past to Facebook. If MySpace was co-branded with something else, like "FanInterActionWithMusicians.com, powered by MySpace" with a myspace.com redirect there, you could SERIOUSLY improve the perception of the brand, and have the existing content migrated there slowly...

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hopefully the loss of my space will be like popping a pimple on Murdoch's butt compared to what the investigations turn up in all these countries he's been screwing us with. He should lose billions and go to jail for 20 years.

G

"200 million is a roll of toilet paper to Murdoch. He deserves everything he gets considering he owns a media empire of lies and corruption."

You ever watch the train wreck that is MSNBC?

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Sorry, but I think we already knew that NewsCorp lost a packet when they sold MySpace. The only thing really newsworthy about this article is that NewsCorp lost money, and that will bring cheer to many a person, and especially those people who've had their phones hacked over the past few years.

Shame that the final paragraph puts a downer on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.