Outlook 2013 Scheduling

Kris322

Commendable
May 31, 2016
I am trying to schedule a meeting with different individuals and I am NOT part of the meeting. How do I schedule the meeting so that it does not show up on my calendar?

Solution
Do you have an icon that is just "Scheduling"? Possibly located between "Appointment" and "Meeting Notes".

Or a small calendar icon presented as a small bar with three row of five squares below?

On your Calendar Page do you have a Manage Calendars section with "Open Calendar" and "Calendar Groups"?

However, still struggling with the details as I think we have different Outlook setups.....

That said I also did some research and found this link:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/447

May be the solution that works for you.

FYI this is what I googled: "Schedule Outlook Meeting via email without myself attending"

There are other solutions and it may be Outlook version specific....

Please post if I am still missing something.

I would suggest scheduling the meeting with yourself in it.

Make sure that the meeting shows up on your calendar which, hopefully, shows that the meeting is indeed "scheduled".

Then just delete the meeting from your calendar.

Not an answer per se but probably the simplest workaround.....

Interesting....

You may be canceling the "group" calendar event versus just canceling on your own calendar.

Worked with this all some time back. Had one individual responsible for scheduling meetings for other staff without that person being a "participant" per se. Do not remember having the calendar issue that you are experiencing.

If your name appears at the top of the email list of potential/invited attendees can you uncheck the email beside your name and thus not have the event emailed to you nor scheduled for you?

Are you using the Meeting tab and Scheduling options in Outlook? Do you have access to or are otherwise able to see the other participants' schedules? Can you or do you see the meeting room schedules and availability via Outlook?

I also remember that we treated some individuals (as well as equipment and spaces) as resources. I.e., emailed the conference room and reserved the date and time. Something like that.

There may be some dependencies with respect to your granted rights in Outlook - being able to schedule for other people/resources versus just sending emails with the subject, location, time, and date information.

Experiment a bit more if you can. I will do a bit more research and see if I can find/recall some "specifics" that will help.

Kris322

Commendable
May 31, 2016
Thanks. My name does not appear at the top of the email list, so I cannot cancel the meeting on my calendar only There is no meeting "tab". I'm using the Home "tab" then clicking new meeting/ and scheduling assistant....still no luck.

Do you have an icon that is just "Scheduling"? Possibly located between "Appointment" and "Meeting Notes".

Or a small calendar icon presented as a small bar with three row of five squares below?

On your Calendar Page do you have a Manage Calendars section with "Open Calendar" and "Calendar Groups"?

However, still struggling with the details as I think we have different Outlook setups.....

That said I also did some research and found this link:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/447

May be the solution that works for you.

FYI this is what I googled: "Schedule Outlook Meeting via email without myself attending"

There are other solutions and it may be Outlook version specific....

Please post if I am still missing something.

Solution