Over 100 PS Vita Titles Coming in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
no one cares. >:-D
sony should have launched this console-slash-soon-to-be-glorified-input-device-for-ps4-like-the-ones-in-wiiu at a cheaper price.
it's fate is sealed as sony's alternative joystick for ps4 and prolly competition for ms kinect.
peace out!

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
okay... i can't edit my previous post so here goes the addendum:
i care about psv! enough to post! twice!
moar price drops plz. tegra3 doesn't have much life in it i.e. not suitable for long lifecycles. nvidia didn't design it that way.

tubers

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
And most consists of ports, cheap indies and psm games with two to three decent exclusives.. not amazing.. just decent.

jossrik

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
I remember when the first PS came out and about all they had going for it was a crap ton of games, a few turned out to be good, a lesser few turned out to be great, but it was the sheer number that impressed me. Hoping they do another Parasite Eve some day. They've rebooted so much crap...

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I'm not buying in, they have lied to us before. And i actually like the clarity of the 3DS screen better, so i'll pass on the integrity of the story and the handheld itself ..........

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I've always been a fan of Sony gaming device. I've owned a PS1, PS2, PS3, and a PSP. So far, the Vita is only the one I haven't considered on getting and I don't see myself doing so anytime soon as well.

There's just..... no games to look forward to with it. I remember spending over 2000 hours on the PSP due to its huge arsenal of great games. -_-

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
While Sony is definitely playing the indie angle for the Vita, there will be AAA releases coming too.

Ok... So can we see a list, then?

slomo4sho

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
I would buy a Vita if Sony would actually adopt SD or mSD instead of requiring me to pay 3-5x the price for their inferior proprietary memory.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's odd what passes for news these days.

"This just in, the Playstation Vita will continue to have games released for it this year. Reports state a few may even be AAA."

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
PSV is definitely a good gaming console, but like nearly everyone has said, theres just not many good games on it. I feel the main problem with this console is the lack of original IPs. the original PSP also had this problem because aside from Patapon, there were no other notable original IPs on the system. Sony and publishers would be better off not porting over established franchises. walking dead and frozen synapse are great games, but many of the people interested in those games already have them.

bring over some good new IPs and I will consider buying. however with this big games problem this console has, if you are considering getting one and are also considering getting a ps4, it might be a good investment.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Glad to see that the Vita might just pull through. If they can get some decent AAA games for it then I'll definitely get one. Remote Play with the PS4 was the first big hook for the Vita for me, and then they announced the price drop, another plus. Now I just need some good Vita games and I'm sold.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
If they allowed you to port your UMD games from the psp, or let you send them in for a free digital download of it, they would not have a shortage of games to begin with.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]janetonly42[/nom]This is still for sale too, Smart Phones signaled the end of dedicated hand held s.[/citation]

For the casual games sure, but very few hardcore games smart phones and tablets deliver
and when they do the controls are awful. Handhelds are by far the superior device to game on because they are specifically aimed towards such.

With the Vita you get Persona 4, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

With the 3DS you get Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Resident Evil: Revelations

With Smartphones/tablets you get what? Can you even name one game that can compare to the ones above and has great controls? The fact is no one who likes more serious gaming whether it be deep game-play, story telling, or any of the big appeals of good modern
games would prefer a phone or tablet over a dedicated handheld console. The market is still there and it will continue to be there.

immanuel_aj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Lol, I just got my PS Vita today! Imported the Soul Sacrifice Limited Edition from Japan. Now I just need to figure out how to read the manual...

Status
Not open for further replies.