Over 50 Carriers Testing BlackBerry 10, Q1 Launch Reiterated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]There are 50 different wireless carriers?[/citation]

There are other countries besides the US.....

Inferno1217

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]There are other countries besides the US.....[/citation]
All owned by one entity..... "Big Business".

mynameis1

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I do wish them well and a new life of success. I just wish they didnt play catch up so late, but again anything can happen. Remember when you couldn't give Apple stock away, and every other cell phone was Nokia... things change.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
as well as reiterating a launch for its two BlackBerry 10 smartphones during the first quarter of 2013.

Could somebody, please, explain me the meaning of this sentence?

Carriers are required to test the mobile platform and RIM's products before certifying it for use on their networks, which is a process titled "Lab Entry." The process can take up to several weeks and varies based on the carrier partner. It's mandatory for any smartphone, wireless equipment or mobile operating system to join a network.

Yeah, right... How is it so around here you buy any phone you want then you put the SIM in and you call all you want???

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
+Zingam_Duo At some point between the dates January 1, 2013 and March 31, 2013 RIM will release two smart phones with the Blackberry 10 OS.

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
BlackBerry 10 is going to smoke the competition - bar none. It's probably too late for RIM to reclaim its status as the market leader but BB 10 should go a long way towards restoring RIM's reputation.

I'm glad that I am in a position of influence at my company, and that we did not abandon BlackBerry. We'll be running BB 10 devices soon after they are introduced.

kyzarvs

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
I was never convinced by BB as a consumer-phone - but I have yet to see a more complete and compelling mobile deployment for business than Exchange + BES (even Express) serving Outlook and 'Berries. The remote management, security, data compression, email handling, reliability, TCO - just don't mess with that RIM and you'll still have a core market :)

Status
Not open for further replies.