Overheating with laptop, and shutoff

padalinkiller159

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I brought a laptop around 2 months ago and it ran fine for about a month I mainly want to use it for gaming and with the specs I have it should be able to run games like skyrim and fallout new Vegas on very high graphics, however recently I have been playing games and I notice the fan and the area surrounding it become very hot and after 10 to 15 minutes of playing the laptop switches itself off, but when I first brought the laptop it ran the games like a dream and it didn't become that hot. what's the problem with it?

Here are the specs for the laptop:
Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ processor
Memory: 16 GB
AMD Radeon R9 M265X

Any help is appreciated. ps:all driver are up to date

nostall

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I don't know much about laptops, but it sounds like the internal cooling fan has failed and it is overheating. If it is brand new 2 months ago there should be some warranty left with the store, and certainly with the manufacture.

padalinkiller159

Estimable
May 24, 2015

The fan works as i can hear it when the laptop starts to cool, im not sure I get what you mean?

nostall

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Well, my meaning is simple: My estimate was that the fan had failed. If you are hearing the fan when it starts to cool - and that would be while it was running and playing a game, not after it shut down, right? - then I was incorrect.
The next thing to look at is blocking of the vents, build up of dust/dirt inside the PC., or a 'failing' fan that is not spinning up to its maximum cooling RPM.
Bottom line suggestion: with the laptop only 2 months old I would take it back to the store or contact the manufacture and have one of them take a look at it; certainly if it is new, not used or purchase from another person, it will be under warranty.

padalinkiller159

Estimable
May 24, 2015

Okay thanks for the advice.

TRENDING THREADS