P C Protection

thame0200

Estimable
Feb 20, 2014
I read a thread on here already that is about a year old on Antivirus protection. Came across this list searching through google. I was wondering if Anyone has used/ heard of these antivirus programs.

F-Secure Internet Security
ESET Smart Security
Avira Internet security
K7 Total Security
Sophos Enduser protection

These all offer: On-Demand Scan, On-access Scan, Boot-time scan, Firewall, Email security, Anti-spam, Web Protection, Macro Protection, Live-update, Support , AV - comparatives, AV- Test
This list of other Antivirus software is pretty big but only these offered everything above.

Of course McAfee, Avast!, and AVG have all of the above too. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with them. Also just out of Curiosity has anyone ever used 2 Antivirus programs? Perhaps one covers something better then another? Just curious

Solution
Stay away from McAfee as it's over-bloated and spectacularly resource-hungry.

I've heard of all the others you mention except K7. and have tried most of them at one time or another.
But the one I'm happy with isn't in your list. It's called Comodo Internet Security and it's free:
http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

I've been a loyal user for 3 years on three computers in our family, no problems with it at all, and more importantly not a single infection.

You must never have more than one real-time antivirus software installed as it will cause severe system instability.
For that reason, most antivirus software will refuse to install if it detects a similar product already installed.

The only...
Stay away from McAfee as it's over-bloated and spectacularly resource-hungry.

I've heard of all the others you mention except K7. and have tried most of them at one time or another.
But the one I'm happy with isn't in your list. It's called Comodo Internet Security and it's free:
http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

I've been a loyal user for 3 years on three computers in our family, no problems with it at all, and more importantly not a single infection.

You must never have more than one real-time antivirus software installed as it will cause severe system instability.
For that reason, most antivirus software will refuse to install if it detects a similar product already installed.

The only exception is if you want to install AV software which does not include real-time scanner (ie you can only perform manual scans on demand).

Solution