Palm Kicks Off Monster Sale for U.S. Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommys

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Wow, what foolish comments.

I've had a Palm Pre for 3 months and it will be a sad day when I have to stop using it. By far the most elegant and well thought out Smartphone OS to date. It was a but rough in the first few months, but with the most recent patches, it's an absolute pleasure to use.

belawrence

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
"the palm pre was killed because web os is terrible."

elaborate please. IMO WebOS is is probably the best mobile OS out there, regardless of app count.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
i bet that wont improve the sales now, iphone fanboy are preparing their money for their precious iphone now ~ hehe

good luck palm ~

stromm

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
The wife has a Palm Pixi which replaced her Centro. She loves it. She's tried WinMo6.1, Android (HTC Hero) and even the neighbor's iPhone. Didn't like any of them.

Personally, I don't like webOS or the Pre/Pixi. But I also don't like the iPhone nor Android phones. I'd rather go back to a basic flip-phone than lose the freedom my WinMo phone allows.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]the palm pre was killed because web os is terrible.[/citation]

You obviously havent really used it. I have had a palm pre for about a year and even though I loved it, I am now upgrading to the EVO because I have been a sprint customer for 10 years and can upgrade every year. What I will miss with the pre most of all is the operating system. The multitasking and cards are much better than android and the iphone software.

Also, if webos was such a crappy operating system, I don't think HP would have paid a dime for Palm since they say they don't want to get into the smartphone business. I am sorry to see the demise of the pre because I loved the phone, but at least we may see a resurection of the WebOS with an HP tablet.

Anyhow, I decided to trade the Palm Pre for an EVO mainly because I think the pre will just disapear and will eventually no longer be supported. Android on the other hand will be around for a long time. And who cant resist the 8 MP camera and that huge screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.