Panasonic 152'' 3D Plasma HDTV is Dreamworthy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tortnotes

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
Is there even a consumer device that can drive a 4kx2k screen? I thought 2560x1600 was about the end of the road for video cards...

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]I did some searching and checked out about how much it will cost...IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAANNND!!!![/citation]
so? I remember when a 42" was $11,000. You ask me, 9K for something this huge is a bargain! :D

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
[citation][nom]audioee[/nom]House first to put the TV somewhere, truck second to get the TV home, then the TV. Gotta think logistics of getting that TV.[/citation]

Nah. You are right about the logistics... but think about it. You gotta buy a house to fit a tv that big. lol. So you buy the TV. THen park the truck in front of it, facing it like at a drive in. then you build the house around the both of them to suit their needs! :D

G

Hell that Tv....or should I say computer monitor would even make Windows xp look good! But in all seriousness I couldn't imagine having 3 of these for Eyefinity, that would be surround vision. I mean you could enclose a whole room in a few of these things!

knutjb

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
"the super-efficient quadruple luminous efficiency technology"
I love reading Japanese tech marketing. What the hell does it mean? Next time I need to do some creative writing I know where I'm going for ideas!

Don't think I can sell the wife on this one...

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
not all projectors need low light - NEC's flagship projector (I forget the model number) is bright enough to literally set fire to a screen on full brightness at anything less than 20ft away.......

G

so they got one of the mothra twins to model with this tv...

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Funny how the bigger the tv's we buy, the farther back we sit. It's idiotic. Just like the morons who go to a movie theater and sit in the last row. Dude, what's the point? At that distance, the screen is the size of your living room tv. (I prefer to sit in the front-center, right where the screen perfectly fits my entire field of vision)

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
This TV doubles as a household heater. You can remove your boiler and feed your tap water right through the coils on the back. Very efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.