Panasonic 152'' 3D Plasma HDTV is Dreamworthy

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]1/4th the speed? i think they meant 1/4th the time. less speed is bad.[/citation]Um, that's the point. These large monitors aren't really capable of low ms response times. They are HUGE.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Nevermind sheetrock. Just use these TV's, make your walls out of them and you can use them to heat your home as well. You have radiant floors? Ha, succa, I have radiant walls with moving images! he hehe

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]michaelahess[/nom]My HD projector was only 1200. Granted it's only a 106" screen and half the rez, but for what this is gonna cost, I'll stick with the projector![/citation]

much less than half the Res, sir. Yours is 50% AT BEST. You got a 1080p projector for 1200? That's decent, but not even close to the 8+MP or glory seen here.

revolvo

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
[citation][nom]surrept420[/nom]Some guy wins the lottery and he wants to buy a Ford truck? WTF is wrong with people on this planet[/citation]

Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking!

If I won the lotto I would make a party room in the basement with sixteen of these bad boys; 8 for the walls (2 side by side per wall), 4 on the ceiling, and 4 as the floor (with a clear plastic to stand over). Then I would turn on some crazy visualizer, and trip balls in one of those suits vulcanologist wear in eruption zones. I'd be broke in a month...

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I can imagine using it for commercial purposes. I can't imagine using it for home theater. How far away would someone have to sit in order to have it look good?

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Boy would that be a crazy game screen! Going further don't expect to get it into a new york apartment or condo. Hell, have fun moving it from one wall to another. Could you imagine having a formal TV moving party to move the damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS