Panasonic Introduces 103-inch 3D Plasma HDTV

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Actually. With 2 standard projectors and a couple adapters you can do a 3D setup. For roughly half the cost of this display you could do a grid of projectors with 3D at an effective resolution of 5760x3240... That's assuming each projector is 3000 dollars, and you have a 3x3 grid that's stacked (total of 18 projectors) for extra brightness to compensate for the glasses which darken the image.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I prefer Plasma to LCD, personally. However any difference in quality would be overshadowed by.. it's epic bigness. Size covers all.

But yeah, 100K makes it hard to justify.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]Oh lolz... I meant that the other way around. I prefer LCD to Plasma. Lolz. Another time I wish there were an Edit button.[/citation]

You can edit your post. Just view these comments in the forum :)

eleclerc

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
WOW, you need a very big wall to mount this thing on it!
How many poeple do you need to move it?
If they done it, it's because somebody want it!

G

Oh yeah, I love LCD as well, who wouldn't? (too bright, inferior black levels, over-saturated colors, and 120Hz POS); To each their own, I love movies, sports and video games and plasma is better for all. The simple fact that 120Hz makes movies look as if you are watching the movie in fast forward would deter me from ever buying one.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
"let me know when i can get the 30'x50' movie theater version. it's plasma and will burn out in a year or so :*("

* Panasonic: States in new specifications that new plasma TVs and monitors are good to 100,000 to half life.
* Sony: Now out of the plasma market. Does not list a figure for LCD lineup.
* Samsung: Lists 100,000 hours for plasma lineup.
* LG: States 100,000 hours for both plasma and LCD.
* Sharp LCD panels: States 100,000 hour life.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Also, I had a Samsung LED that burned out in 8 days, and my panasonic 58" plasma is still going fine over a year after I returned the samsung and got a plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.